Angel K. Jernigan is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in individual and couple's counseling.
She maintains a private practice in Birmingham, Alabama.
She graduated from The University of Alabama (1999) and The University of Southern Mississippi (2005). For over 7 years, she has specialized in Integrative Therapy and has worked with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of expertise are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical and Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Wellness Coaching.
Angel is an interactive, Integrative therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Master of Science: Counseling Psychology
The University of Southern Mississippi, 2005
Bachelor of Science: Psychology
The University of Alabama, 1999
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Professional Member, American Counseling Association
- Professional Member, Alabama Counseling Association
- Professional Member, EMDRIA
- Panel Member, Second Saturday: What Women Need to Know about Divorce